The S-2 is a wireless datalogging sensor capable of monitoring 2 channels of Temperature and RH and a single channel of WME. Features include:
- The S-2 has 2 plug in 3.5mm TRRS jacks (these are the same type of jacks used for cell phone audio jacks) each of which accepts a HumiSense plug in T/RH probe.
- High Accuracy ±0.3°C/±2.0%RH typical
- A pin type resistance moisture meter for monitoring moisture content of hygroscopic building materials such as wood and gypsum. A WME probe connects through a plug in screw terminal block. This allows cabling to a remote WME monitoring location and easy replacement of the WME probe if it wears out from repetitive use.
- FLASH memory storage for up to 64K (65,535) readings where a single reading includes two temperature/humidity pairs and WME data. Readings are stored if there is no gateway detected within wireless range. If a gateway is present, the sensor uploads all readings stored in memory and continues to send regular readings to the gateway. Readings are stored in FLASH memory and are kept even with the battery removed.
- Conformally coated circuit board for superior moisture resistance and higher reliability when used in damp locations.
- Power switch and status LED. When powered on LED will blink for one second indicating the sensor is functioning and will then stay on for 10 seconds if a successful wireless link is established with a gateway providing instant confirmation of wireless connectivity.
- The industry standard 3.5mm audio jack allows for use of low cost off the shelf TRRS extension cables for monitoring T/RH in remote locations
- Two mounting ears for easy mounting
- Long life (15+ years possible), user replaceable, internal 3.6V Lithium Thionyl Chloride battery held captive by a screw on cover
- compact form factor of 3.0 x 2.0 x 1.0 inches
Typical applications include:
- Disaster and Flood recovery monitoring of sill plate moisture content (WME), dehumidifier performance, and unaffacted areas
- ASTM F2170 compliant concrete equilibrium RH monitoring of concrete drying progress
- Surface condensation monitoring using one channel for surface temperature and the second channel for ambient air dew point and the WME input for wood moisture content
- Monitoring of ambient conditions in shipping containers containing temperature, humidity or moisture sensitive items
- Monitoring of mobile chilled food storage such as refrigerated trucks or rail cars
- Monitoring of refrigerated shipments
- ER14505 3.6V Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery INSTALLED